In this blog post, I am sharing with you a delicious Thai sweet potato and carrot soup recipe that I love to make in batch and pop in the freezer for the days I don’t want to or don’t have time to cook fresh. It’s vegan, it’s healthy and it’s so yummy!
This Thai sweet potato and carrot soup recipe is perfect to cool and soothe your tummy on a summers day or to warm your insides on a winter evening. It’s a warm 27-degree summer’s day here in England as I write this recipe up and I’ve just enjoyed a cool bowl of this soup as I edit the photos.
This vegan Thai sweet potato and carrot soup recipe is perfect when you’re looking for a natural boost (the ingredients are healthy and simple) without losing any of the delicious flavours you crave from a good meal.
This nutty vegan Thai sweet potato and carrot soup recipe has the perfect balance of sass from the chilli and calm from the coconut and fills your mouth with all the tingling sensations you crave from a homemade meal.
This recipe is a good’un.
What’s even better? This Thai sweet potato and carrot soup is very simple to prepare and cook. It’s also a cheap one to whip up in batch!
Thai sweet potato and carrot soup recipe
This Thai sweet potato and carrot soup is filled with beautiful tangy flavours and combined with a nutty side to bring you a sold dish that can be served hot on those winter days or cold/warm in the summer! Add a slice of warm sourdough and you have yourself dish filled with love.
- Splash of olive oil
- 1 red onion (chopped)
- 2cm of fresh ginger (skin off and chopped)
- 2 small cloves of garlic (grated/chopped)
- 2 generous teaspoons of red Thai curry paste
- 4 medium sweet potatoes (peeled and chopped)
- 4 carrots (peeled and chopped)
- 1litre vegetable stock (hot water and 2 stock cubes)
- 1 can of coconut milk
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
- Flaked almonds for topping
Serve with a slice of lime and warm sourdough
- Heat the oil in a pan on a low heat and add in the onions for 5 minutes to soften.
- Add in the chopped garlic, ginger and red Thai paste for a further 3 /4 minutes.
- Add in the chopped sweet potatoes and carrots for a few minutes.
- Add the 1litre of vegetable stock to the pan and increase the heat until the water boils. Reduce to a simmer and leave to cook for 30 minutes or until you can easily put a fork in and out of the sweet potatoes.
- Let the ingredients cool before placing in a blender. Depending on the size of your blender it may be a good idea to do this in two batches.
- Once you have blended the soup, pour back into the cooking pan and season with salt and pepper.
- In a separate pan, toast off some flaked almonds (no oil) for a minute or so.
- Serve up the soup into bowls, sprinkle some almonds on top and serve with a slice of lime and some warm sourdough!
Have you made this Thai sweet potato and carrot soup recipe??
Let me know what you thought in the comments below!
Love as always and happy adventuring,
Other post I think you might enjoy...VIEW ALL
Did you find this post helpful? I’d love you to share it for me.
I can’t do this without you.
Pin and save this blog post for later…