This Thai sweet potato and carrot soup is filled with beautiful tangy flavours and combined with a nutty side to bring you a sold dish that can be served hot on those winter days or cold/warm in the summer! Add a slice of warm sourdough and you have yourself dish filled with love.
- Splash of olive oil
- 1 red onion (chopped)
- 2cm of fresh ginger (skin off and chopped)
- 2 small cloves of garlic (grated/chopped)
- 2 generous teaspoons of red Thai curry paste
- 4 medium sweet potatoes (peeled and chopped)
- 4 carrots (peeled and chopped)
- 1litre vegetable stock (hot water and 2 stock cubes)
- 1 can of coconut milk
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
- Flaked almonds for topping
Serve with a slice of lime and warm sourdough
- Heat the oil in a pan on a low heat and add in the onions for 5 minutes to soften.
- Add in the chopped garlic, ginger and red Thai paste for a further 3 /4 minutes.
- Add in the chopped sweet potatoes and carrots for a few minutes.
- Add the 1litre of vegetable stock to the pan and increase the heat until the water boils. Reduce to a simmer and leave to cook for 30 minutes or until you can easily put a fork in and out of the sweet potatoes.
- Let the ingredients cool before placing in a blender. Depending on the size of your blender it may be a good idea to do this in two batches.
- Once you have blended the soup, pour back into the cooking pan and season with salt and pepper.
- In a separate pan, toast off some flaked almonds (no oil) for a minute or so.
- Serve up the soup into bowls, sprinkle some almonds on top and serve with a slice of lime and some warm sourdough!