So this week I was lucky enough to be invited out to Croatia to experience what would turn out to be the best week of my life – The Yacht Week (more about that coming soon to my blog).
The week started on the Saturday 12th August but I arrived on the Thursday, a couple of days early, to get my adventure on.
Being the avid instagrammer that I am (@molliebylett) I kept seeing photos of Plitvice Lakes and Krka National Park during my ‘Croatia researching’. Plitvice is located 242km from Split and Krka National Park is a fair bit closer at 86km.
Seeing as we only had the 1 day and we wanted to mingle along the coastline on our way back down to Split, we agreed not to be too ambitious and to head to Krka.
Admittedly we just popped ‘Krka National Park’ into the sat nav, completely oblivious to the fact the park covers 142 square km and within that is the 72.5km long Krka river & 7 waterfalls.
So as you can imagine, we turned up at the google destination and it was not the Krka waterfalls we were picturing.
None the less, as they say, the best things in life are unexpected – because there was no expectation.
Here it is… our unplanned detour to the Stinice entrance of Krka with a gorgeous view over the little island of Visovac. From here you can embark on an incredible 8.5km (2.5-3 hours) walk, see more information here.
Happy with our detour, but eager to continue, we headed 25 minutes back on ourselves (oops) to Lozovac where the entrance to the Skradinski waterfalls is found…
INFORMATION & TIPS:
– Entrance is 110 Kuna, which includes a bus from the car park down to the falls footpath entrance.
– From the entrance you walk 15-20 minutes through beautiful forests and lakes until you reach the waterfalls themselves.
– There are refreshments down at the waterfall, places to eat, sunbathe and swim.
– Wear flip flops or sea shoes as there are lots of rocks on the bottom and it can be a little dangerous with bare feet!
– If you fancy it, there are also lots of walks / hikes you can go on if you want to make a day of it!
Thank you for reading, lots of love…
LET’S GET SOCIAL!
Come and join me on Instagram – molliebylett
I’D LOVE YOU SHARE THIS POST USING THE BUTTONS BELOW…