I’ve recently teamed up with Argos to develop my favourite ‘on the go’ mug recipe for their blog.
Basically, a recipe for when you can’t be bothered to cook or are too hungry to wait 30 minutes to eat (we all know the feeling).
There are 4 other avid foodies showcasing their favourite recipes over on the post with me, but here’s mine…
It’s a chocolatey, banana-ry, peanut butter mess (all of my favourite things) and… it’s completely clean of refined sugars.
HELLO NO GUILT.
This makes a really filling portion for one (you said you were hungry), or it’s great for sharing (with yourself again later hehe!).
2tbsp Coconut flour
1tbsp ground almonds
1/4 tsp baking powder
1tsp coconut sugar
1tbsp raw cacao powder
1 large egg white
1/2 mashed banana
1tbsp almond milk
1 tbsp peanut butter for filling
1. In a bowl combine the egg white, mashed banana and almond milk.
2. Add in the coconut flour, ground almonds, baking powder, coconut sugar and cacao powder. Stir thoroughly.
3. Spoon half of the mixture into a mug, add the peanut butter layer and then add the remaining mixture on top, flattening the top and sides evenly.
4. Place mug in the microwave for 1 minutes, leave to rest for 10 seconds and heat for another 30 seconds.
5. Add chosen toppings to mug or flip mug cake onto a plate and enjoy warm.
Recommended toppings: Greek Yogurt, Coconut ice cream, fresh berries, honey
RECIPE in pictures: