So you may have already seen my Guide to Dublin or my Dublin VLOG. As explained in those posts, I decided to start putting together little guides after any get aways / travelling that I do – in case you fancy a trip and don’t know where to start. Having recently explored the Polish city of Krakow, I thought I’d put one together here too.
We booked our trip as a package deal barre the flights which we had to book separately. We flew with RyanAir direct from Stanstead (STN) to Krakow (KRK), which was just over a 2 hour flight. Lots of other airlines fly there from cities across Europe, so use skyscanner.com to find the best deals.
We booked everything else through escape2poland.co.uk, and I honestly would find their service hard to fault.
You simply choose what tours you’d like to do, what kind of accommodation you’d like, how many nights for, etc. – and they organise it all for you. You just turn up.
In our package we had:
– airport transfers to and from hotel
– 2 nights at Hotel Galaxy
– tour transfers
– a guided tour of Auschwitz and Birkenau camps (one day outing starting at 8am).
– Schindler’s Factory tour – book here.
– Have dinner / drinks in the main square (Rynek Głowny)
– Try an obwarzanek, zapiekanka or some pierogi!
– Explore the Kazimierz District and visit the Old Synagogue
– Visit Bernatek Bridge (Love lock bridge)
– Head to Wawel Castle and see the fire-breathing dragon
– Explore Wieliczka salt mines – book here
– Remember you need to exchange your money into Polish Zloty (PLN)
– Krakow is pretty cheap in comparison to London prices!
– Book as much as you can before you go! (It’s easier, often cheaper, and tours often sell out)
– Guided tours are definitely worth the money to get a thorough understanding of the history and get the most of out of the trip.
What were your favourite spots? I’d love to know!
Love as always + happy adventuring,
Did you find this post helpful? I’d love you to share it for me.
I can’t do this without you.
Pin and save this blog post for later…