So you may have already seen my Guide to Dublin or my Dublin VLOG. As explained in those posts, I decided to start putting together little guides after any get aways / travelling that I do – in case you fancy a trip and don’t know where to start. Having recently explored the Polish city of Krakow, I thought I’d put one together here too.
Here’s my mini guide to Krakow…
We booked our trip as a package deal barre the flights which we had to book separately. We flew with RyanAir direct from Stanstead (STN) to Krakow (KRK), which was just over a 2 hour flight. Lots of other airlines fly there from cities across Europe, so use skyscanner.com to find the best deals.
Accommodation & Tour
We booked everything else through escape2poland.co.uk, and I honestly would find their service hard to fault.
You simply choose what tours you’d like to do, what kind of accommodation you’d like, how many nights for, etc. – and they organise it all for you. You just turn up.
In our package we had:
– airport transfers to and from hotel
– 2 nights at Hotel Galaxy
– tour transfers
– a guided tour of Auschwitz and Birkenau camps (one day outing starting at 8am).
Things to do in and around Krakow
– Schindler’s Factory tour – book here.
– Have dinner / drinks in the main square (Rynek Głowny)
– Try an obwarzanek, zapiekanka or some pierogi!
– Explore the Kazimierz District and visit the Old Synagogue
– Visit Bernatek Bridge (Love lock bridge)
– Head to Wawel Castle and see the fire-breathing dragon
– Explore Wieliczka salt mines – book here
Tips and tricks!
– Remember you need to exchange your money into Polish Zloty (PLN)
– Krakow is pretty cheap in comparison to London prices!
– Book as much as you can before you go! (It’s easier, often cheaper, and tours often sell out)
– Guided tours are definitely worth the money to get a thorough understanding of the history and get the most of out of the trip.
Explore similar posts...VIEW ALL
Have you been to Krakow?
What were your favourite spots? I’d love to know!
Love as always + happy adventuring,
Did you find this post helpful? I’d love you to share it for me.
I can’t do this without you.
Pin and save this blog post for later…