Maybe you fancy a pre-christmas detox? A healthy heart warming lunch? Or maybe just love a homemade soup – this ones perfect!
Plus it’s super healthy. You could go all out with soups and add double cream and naughty things, but this one’s guilt free.
(I’ve been suffering with blemishes in the past months and in a mission to clear up my skin I’ve been advised on a diet (not a fan) which cuts Sugar, Gluten and Dairy out of my diet – so this is a winner for me…)
All you need is:
A few leeks, a few potatoes, an onion, a clove of garlic, a splash of olive oil and some salt and pepper 🙂
(plus a pan, a hand blender and a knife obviously)
1. Dice the potatoes into small pieces.
2. Do the same with all the other vegetables so that they are a similar size and can be cooked off relatively quickly.
(In photo: Potato, leek, garlic and onion)
3. On a medium heat, add a tablespoon of Olive oil to a pan and add all the ingredients.
4. Stir the ingredients frequently until they start to slightly brown around the edges, which for me took 10 minutes. (see below)
5. Boil the kettle and pour enough water in so that it just covers the ingredients.
6. Put the lid on the pan and reduce the heat for 10-15 minutes. (Until the potatoes are soft and you can slip a fork in and out with ease).
7. Take the pan off the heat and leave to cool on the side.
8. Once the contents have cooled slightly, grab your hand blender and bleeeeend the ingredients to the consistency you like. 🙂
9. Add Salt + Pepper to season the soup to your own taste.
10. Grab a bowl and some fresh buttered bread (I’m not allowed 🙁 ) and ENJOY! 🙂
I’m not sure why I have got into the habit of eating soup from a cup. Although it kind of doubles up as a hand warmer which is rather handy seeing as it’s FREEZING outside now.
Someone take me back to The Gili Islands? Please? 🙂
P.s. Stay tuned for ‘outta the box’ christmas gift ideas!
P.p.s. Please do come and join me on…