Part 3 #contikistorytellers – Currumbin Sanctuary & Byron Bay
When I found out we were returning to Byron Bay on this tour with Contiki and Surfrider –
THE biggest smile immediately stretched across my face.
I’ve been lucky enough to witness some incredible places, not only this year, but in my lifetime, and the two places I’ve always have a special place in my heart for are Byron Bay & The Gili Islands (Indonesia).
I found peace in both places, I felt at home & I knew I’d return someday, if it was the last thing I did.
I obviously never expected to come back this soon, which made the matter SO much more exciting.
On the way down to Byron we stopped off at Currumbin Sanctuary, where we got to hold a Koala and feed the kangaroos, before continuing on to Byron…
I don’t know whether it’s the
gorgeous weather I was blessed with both times,
the friendly people,
the laid back atmosphere,
the health conscious organic shops with the most gorgeous of menus,
the beautiful beaches,
the clear waters,
the hippy fashion or just the general good vibes in this place,
but Byron Bay stole my heart all over again.
My favourite moments in Byron:
– Grabbing an Acai Bowl for breakfast and sitting on the beach
– Goats cheese and Pumpkin salad at Byron Fresh Cafe
– Homeware and trinket shopping in the little shops (making friendship bracelets hehe)
– Dolphin and turtle Kayak tour to Watson’s Bay
– Chill out and watch the surfers on Tallows Beach
– Watch the sun set at the lighthouse
– THE BEST Falafel (street beside Byron Fresh Cafe)