Recipe: Cinnamon Sweet Potato Chips
I know this recipe is simple, but the amount of people that have never tried these is CRAZY. Have you?
If not, I demand you make some.
They work with everything. Sometimes I made them in roast potato form for a roast dinner, sometimes with fish / salmon, sometimes as a starter or side dish but most of the time I whack them in the oven and pig out with a tub of houmous.
Yes – a tub. I kid you not, i live off the stuff.
They are super super simple.
All you need is:
– A few Sweet Potatoes (I used 4 med ones for this batch).
– A sprinkle of salt
– Olive oil
1. Pre-heat the over to 180deg.
2. Chop the sweet potatoes into wedges.
(I leave the skin on, and it makes it even quicker!)
3. Drizzle olive oil all over them.
4. Sprinkle 2/3 pinches of salt over them.
5. Sprinkle the cinnamon over them.
6. You can add more cinnamon or less cinnamon depending on… how much you like cinnamon. Personally I LOVE THE STUFF, so this is what my tray looked like…
7. With your hands or a spatula mix the potatoes around so they are all evenly coated with the toppings.
8. Pop them in the oven for 15 minutes.
9. Take them out and give them another mix / flip, before putting them back in the oven for about 15 minutes.
(Keep an eye on them, and take them out when they are as you desire!)
If you want the ultimate snack, combine it with a pot of houmous. I promise you will not want to be sharing these…
Let me know how you get on!