After seeing 108 Marylebone
tweet a yummy picture of their Sweet Potato salad, i was inspired to make my own concoction for me and mumma for lunch…
Ingredients: (makes 4 portions of the above)
1 x Butternut squash
3 tbsp Olive oil
1 clove garlic
1 tsp honey
1 bag of rocket/ mixed leaves
Handful of cashews
Small handful of Feta
1. Preheat the oven to 180deg. Peel the squash and remove the seeds from the centre. Chop into small pieces (smaller they are quicker they cook).
2. Drizzle the Olive oil over the squash and toss them around on the tray. Place them in the oven for 20 minutes.
3. Prepare the salad as the squash cooks.
Admittedly I have never ‘deseeded’ a pomegranate before. And I had no idea where to start.
Well I cut it in half and then got stuck…
It was then I referred once again to my good friend Google.
‘How to deseed a pomegranate’
This tutorial perfectly came to my rescue 🙂
4. Take your feta, pom seeds and cashews.
5. In the salad bowl use the end of a rolling pin to gently crush the cashews into smaller pieces…
6. Add the feta and pom seeds followed by the salad leaves. I used mixed rocket.
7. After 20 minutes i added a chopped clove of garlic, and a tsp of honey to the squash, tossed it around in the tray and put them back in the oven for 15 minutes.
8. When the squash is soft through, and starting to brown on the edges (like below) remove from the oven.
9. Pop the salad on a plate and add the squash on top!
I love this recipe because it is so yummy and smells amazing as it’s cooking. There’s lots of contrasting tangs and textures AND you don’t feel guilty after!
Oh and it’s super easy! You could swap the squash with sweet potato or any other roasted veg that you may prefer!
In the meantime please do come and join me on my other social media for updates, photos and more 🙂